When We Are Closed
When the surgery is closed, please call the NHS 111 service by dialling 111.
All calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.
What is the NHS 111 service?
• A simple, free to call, easy to remember three digit number that is available 24
hours a day, 365 days a year.
• The NHS 111 service directs patients to the service that is best able to meet
their needs taking into account their location, the time of day of their call, and
the capacity of local services.
When should I use the NHS 111 Service?
• When it’s not a life threatening situation, and therefore is less urgent than a 999
• When visiting your own GP isn’t an option, for instance when the GP Practice is
shut or you are away from home.
• When you feel you cannot wait or are simply unsure of which service you
• When you require reassurance about what to do next.
Call 999 in an emergency. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.